ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
Our Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course prepares a perfect ground for the students to learn the sequence of the Primary Series and part of the Intermediate Series (according to the level of the students), how to practice it in the traditional Mysore style and how to teach it. Our style, combination and method of imparting the knowledge and practical skill of yoga helps the students to create their own flow sequence according to the same principle of linking breath and movements together and become more versatile teachers, having the chance to better success in the yoga field.
Our aim is to transmit the fundamental principles of the tradition of yoga through the modern practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa:
v Connection body/mind through the constant movement created by the flow and the use of specific breathing technique
v Concentration through Drishti – the gaze point
v Gathering of energy with Bandhas
v Purification effects through the practice itself, helping to balance the flow of prana on the inner channels of the body – the Nadis.
Besides the intensity of the physical activity, the students will experience:
v Joy of chanting mantras and a tool to move within
v Relaxation and rejuvenation with yoga Nidra
v Deeper connection with Inner-Self through many classical & contemporary meditation practices.
v Understanding of yogic philosophy in the light of modern prospective while studying and applying principles of ancient yogic scriptures to the everyday life.
ADDED BENEFITS & POINTS OF OUR ASHTANGA VINYASA
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSE RISHIKESH INDIA
- An intensive and life changing yoga teacher training course taught by yoga teachers who are dedicated to cause of yoga and having experience and expertise in many yoga traditions along with contemporary in their vision and style.
- Our yoga teacher training course is based on Hatha, Iyengar and Ashtanga Vinyasa styles to have the chance to experience the yogic tradition, understand the physiology of alignments and be able to create your own flow sequence.
- Our yoga teacher training specially designed for beginners and intermediate level yoga students to deepen the learning experience and to bring major transformation to their life with help of both ancient and modern form of yogic practices.
- Yoga teacher training course extensively covers proper teaching techniques regarding how to avoid injuries, gain skill of alignment & adjustments in asanas and how to help students to acquire the professional skill for sharing with others.
- Our school gives equal emphasis on Meditation, Pranayama, Yoga Philosophy and Mantra chanting.
- Very loving, caring and supportive team with yogic learning environment.
- Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India a highly charged spiritual place also known as yoga capital of the world.
- Affordable traditional hatha yoga teacher training in India at international yoga school.
- Opportunity to experience rich Indian lifestyle, culture and tradition.
- You will live in a safe, clean and quite accommodation environment inside the school premises.
COURSE DATES OF ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA TTC (100 Hours)
|15th Aug – 28th Aug 2017||Open|
|18th Sep – 30th Sep 2017||Open|
|16th Oct – 28th Oct 2017||Open|
|13th Nov – 25th Nov 2017||Open|
|08th Jan – 20th Jan 2017||Open|
|05th Feb – 17th Feb 2018||Open|
|12th Mar – 24th Mar 2018||Open|
|16th Apr – 28th Apr 2018||Open|
COURSE FEE OF ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA TTC (100 Hours)
- Course Fee Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Retreat-
v USD 699 (Double Sharing Room), USD 799 (Single Private Room).
- The Above Tuition fee for Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Retreat includes.
v Accommodation with attached bathroom, with hot and cold shower.
v Three daily Indian vegetarian meals throughout your entire stay.
v Yoga Teacher Training Handbook, Yoga Books, Yogic Purification Kits and other useful materials for the course.
v Wi-Fi Internet.
v One Yoga Essence Bag.
1. Registration amount due with submission of the application form is USD 200 (non-refundable). We accept PayPal payments. Pay by PAYPAL for YTTC registration. Remaining balance of the course fee will be paid on the day of admission into the school.
2. Please ensure that you have read and understood the code of conduct which are to be followed by all the students during the course before submitting your application for the course.
All aspirants are advised to carefully consider the time and resources required for the course before forwarding the application for the teacher training course. The Deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies the Yoga Essence at its discretion permits students to go for any other scheduled course within 1 year. We therefore recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to the teacher training program.
ASHTANGA VINYASA YOGA TTC (100 Hours)- DAILY SCHEDULE
|06:30–07:00 AM||Cleansing Processes|
|07:00–08:45 AM||Asana (Ashtanga) & Pranayama Practice|
|10:30-11:30 AM||Yoga Philosophy|
|11:40-01:00 PM||Meditation Session|
|04:00-05:00 PM||Applied Yoga Anatomy & Physiology|
|05:00-06:15 PM||Ashtanga Vinyasa|
|06:15-07:00 PM||Yoga Nidra/ Mantra Chanting/Teaching Practicum|
|08:30–09:30 PM||Night Meditation Session (Only on Selected Days)|
(P.S. – The above daily course schedule may change as per need)
THINGS TO BE BROUGHT WHILE COMING FOR THE COURSE
1. Metal Bottle
3. Tan Protector
4. Plug Adaptor
5. We have necessary Yoga Props, but you are welcome to bring your own yoga mat.
6. Willing to learn and open heart.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH INDIA – CODE OF CONDUCT
- Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
- Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
- Absenting yourself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
- Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
- The Yoga Essence does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity which is not related to the course is not allowed.
- Positive, team-oriented, optimistic attitude is a requirement for all students. Disruptive, rude, or negative behavior will not be tolerated and may result in removal from the course.
- A student must intimate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
- Before departure of Yoga Essence students must clear all dues and return all library books, if taken.
- Smoking, alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted during the training. Students who cannot comply with this rule will be asked to leave with no refund of fee.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH INDIA – CODE OF ETHICS
We acknowledge the sensitive nature of the student-teacher relationship and recognize that ethical behavior is the foundation of all good yoga practice and yoga teacher training. We believe that it is the responsibility of the yoga teacher to ensure a safe and protected environment in which a student can grow physically, mentally and spiritually.
Code of Ethics
As Teachers of the Yoga Teacher Training Programs at Yoga Essence, Rishikesh we agree to uphold the highest professional standards as set forth in the following Code of Ethics.
- We welcome all students with respect and friendliness and do not discriminate against or refuse professional help to anyone on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
- We make only realistic statements regarding the benefits of yoga, make responsible decisions to determine if and when we can assist a student, and use our yogic knowledge and skills only for their benefit.
- We establish and maintain professional relationship boundaries at all times.
- We understand that all forms of sexual behavior or harassment with students is unethical, and use only appropriate methods of touch when assisting students.
- We conduct our public and private affairs with honesty in all financial, material, emotional and spiritual interactions.
- We respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students, and treat all communications from students with professional confidence.
SYLLABUS OF CERTIFIED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
COURSE IN RISHIKESH INDIA.
Yoga Philosophy lays the basic foundation of all Yoga practices. It is one of the important subjects and contains the core principles of various practices of Yoga Teacher Training course at Yoga Essence, Rishikesh. It helps the students to understand the true essence of yoga and provides a guide map in their journey into the field of yoga.
A yoga teacher will really excel as a teacher when he understands the yogic principles, methodology, and logic behind various yoga practices. Many classical Hatha yogic texts’ Sutras outline various lifestyles that should be followed when one can carry out yoga practices. Hence those who are aspiring to become a yoga teacher must understand the roots of yoga practices first that lies in yoga philosophy. It includes
Introduction, Concept, Meaning & Definition of Yoga
The History and Origin of Yoga
Shad-Darshan- Six-Philosophies of India, Sankhya and Yoga Philosophy
Pancha Kosha (Five Sheaths) & Purusartha ( Aims of Life)
Conceptual Understanding of Patanjali Yoga Sutras.
Concept & Practice of Eight-Fold Path.
Important Hathayoga Texts & their Salient features
Pre-requisites for Yoga Sadhaka.
Yoga and Ayurveda.
Contemporary knowledge and understanding of human organism along with the ancient Yogic Wisdom help greatly to the students to do the yoga practices on a scientific basis and as per yogic principles. Anatomy classes allow the students to gain a basic knowledge about the human body, its most important systems and their role in Yoga. It includes the following topics.
Introduction to Anatomy and physiology
Yoga in view of Anatomy and Physiology
Major Systems of Human Body and their role in Yoga.
Applied Anatomy of Yoga.
Yoga Injuries: Injuries due to faulty Yogic practices.
Yoga and Stress
Yoga is the science of union of Body, Mind and Spirit. Meditative awareness or Meditation is considered to be the most supreme phenomenon as far as the union with reality is concerned. This meditative awareness, attention or observation becomes the central thread or core practice of all eight limbs of yoga. This is the practice involving control of the mental functions which start from the initial withdrawal of the senses from external objects to the complete oblivion of the external environment. There are innumerable techniques of meditation. It is a process of absorption in which the individual tries to turn his attention to dwell upon a single object, sound, concept or experience. Meditation sessions at Yoga Essence will provide an extensive range of practices and techniques to understand the process and its application, so ultimately participants can experience the process on their own and share the same to their students. Meditation is a great tranquilizer. Practices will include:
Yoga Nidra: From Beginning to Advanced Level.
Dharana & Dhyan: Various Meditation Practices and Techniques from both Traditional and Modern Schools. Self-observation & Mindfulness Techniques.
Learning the skill how to guide students about these subtle and higher practices of yoga.
Asanas are special patterns of Postures that stabilize the mind and the body through static & dynamic stretching’s. Asana Sessions are the combination of both Hatha and Ashtanga yoga. Culture of Asanas from Hatha Yoga Tradition, modern versions of B. K. S. Iyengar and K Pattabhi Jois styles of Yoga. Among these two modern form of yoga, one talks about the precise alignment and the other one talks about the flow. Yoga Essence combines both Iyengar and Ashtanga yoga under the light of Traditional Hatha Yoga, which prepares the participants for the higher practices of yoga. It includes the following topic
Study and practice of Hatha yoga postures with alignment, adjustments and modifications
Sanskrit Terms, Benefits and Contraindications of Asana.
Use of the Breath and specific Bodily Gestures for Energy Channelization (Mudras and Bandhas).
Study and practice of different styles of Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar).
Study and practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa – Primary and secondary series.
Breathing is the first and last act of Life. It is so simple and so obvious that we often take it for granted, ignoring the power that it affects body, mind and spirit. It is the primary source of Prana (Vital life force). It is the very basis of health and well-being of body-mind-heart. Breathing is the Bridge between Body, mind and Spirit.
Pranayama – Breath regulation practices have got very prominent place in hatha yoga. These practices bring control over the respiratory impulses which form one of the channels of the flow of autonomic nerve impulses.
Pranayama sessions at Yoga Essence being conducted very systematically and scientifically to develop a holistic and comprehensive awakening to this potential form of consciousness and upward movement of energy. The students will learn the teaching of pranayama with classical approach, where the scientific outlook unites with traditional wisdom. It includes the study and experience of various breathing Exercises and Pranayama practices. Learning the skill how to guide the students also.
Yoga says the first manifestation of unmanifest Existence- often referred to as Space or Silence is Sound. It is said that sound is the very heart beat of the Universe. Hence it is very easy to experience the silence and space through mantras.
Mantra is a Sanskrit term for a sound, syllable, word or group of words which is capable of transformation and experience of higher state of consciousness. Its use and type varies according to the school and philosophy associated with. Mantra Japa is a special science of sound. Mantra activate many dormant energy centers in our body and brain so that the energy can be used to move into higher yogic practices. Mantras have been revealed in the “State of highest Consciousness” of the rishis. Through special mantra classes at Yoga Essence, the participants will learn how to develop the inner Space and Silence for meditational journey.
Certain skill and good teaching methodology can change the whole teaching in a class room situation. Teaching methodology for yoga practices is an important subject of Yoga teacher training program. Students should have a firm grasp of the principles, practices, and procedures involved in teaching classes. Upon successful graduation, students will learn the necessary procedures and techniques involved in teaching a class. There is a “stepping stone” process for learning how to teach. It includes.
The skill of Adjustment and alignment.
Art of Demonstrations, Assistance and Correction
Creative Sequential of Yoga Practices.
Incorporating Yoga Philosophy into a Physical Flow.
Structuring the Classes Uniquely, Lesson Plan.
Ethical guidelines for a Yoga Teacher.
Come and Join the Joy of Learning in An Absolute Professional and Yogic Environment
Reviews of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga TTC in Rishikesh India
The journey during my Yoga Teacher Training at Yoga Essence was wonderful and life changing event that fostered great relationships and learning! I loved everything about this course and I am still feeling the ripple effect of the transformation in my life. The amazing combination of theory and practical classes, the way they are conducted have turned my whole period of stay and learning into joyful and peaceful. In this course, I received teachings in many areas of Yoga – Asanas, Pranayama, Philosophy, Meditation, adjustment and alignment of postures, teacher methodology, Mudras, a little Mantra and many deep insights of yogic life & the true spirit of Yoga. My teachers were extremely knowledgeable, loving, and supportive. They’re extremely dedicated and passionate about yoga and appreciated their attention to details. I learnt more than I thought possible and really grateful to whole team of Yoga Essence for sharing so much.
~ Jasmin, India
I have completed my Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Essence at Rishikesh, the Yoga capital of the world. It was a great experience. Yoga Essence introduced me to the Spiritual journey and Yogic way of living.
The course covered all aspects of Yoga including theory and practice. Instructor Amritesh has a deep and thorough knowledge of Yoga. I enjoyed a lot Samarth’s practical and pragmatic oriented teaching of meditation and philosophy that gave insights how to implement them in our everyday life. During the course, I also made friends with like-minded people from around the world, who were on the same journey. I would recommend anyone to take this journey with Yoga Essence for personal enrichment and inner peace.
~ Arianna, Italy
I must say it is really wonderful to take up this Yoga Teacher Teaching Course in Yoga Essence, Rishikesh. It provides excellent environment at the foot of the Himalayas with spectacular scenic view. Traveling to India to learn yoga was the right thing to do for me. My concept of “yoga” was transformed from the Western physical activity to the spiritual Indian experience. It’s a perfect introduction to the complex discipline of yoga. The teachers are very experienced, resourceful, practical, passionate, kind and always taking care all of us. The teaching is very systematic, comprehensive and interesting. After one month practice Yoga there I have found lots of changes and transformation within me. I would say, it opened a new chapter in my life.